Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hey! Pancreas!

In college I gave up Makeup for Lent.
 ( I didn't even really know what Lent was until my Jewish friend explained it to me.)
  I was an addict and an abuser of the makeup arts.
 (searching files for a picture to illustrate)


Here I am all ready for a regular day on campus!

Giving Up makeup was a really big deal for me.
Really Big Deal! 
 Life Changing Deal! 

I was the beginning of me becoming
 Hippie Chick Earth Muffin.
 I became more aware of the world around me.
I started loving the world and  even became a Vegetarian.
Don't I look SO much better without makeup?
 Don't you think that guy need to put on pants?

WELL...zoom ahead 100 years to now.
 In the past year I have started eating a Plant Based Diet (Vegan, but healthier.) after watching
 Forks Over Knives
. I've started running, I gave up DIET COKE.
 All of my vices are gone.

  What was I supposed to give up for Lent? The one remaining addiction...
Neck Punching.  Yes, If you know me then you know I love to randomly punch when it is least expected. I love to threaten people's necks and pancreas' with a quick fist impact.
 It makes me happy and I laugh my Evil villain Laugh...

  I am confident that I will make great strides in bring about world peace by doing this. 

 You can all feel completely safe now and walk around with your necks unprotected and pancreas unguarded! 


  I leave you with this little informative video
What did you give up for Lent?

7 comments:

trisha too said...

"Lola." For serious? Is this really you?

Are you really back?

This just doesn't sound like you at all.

Except for the neck punching thing, that totally sounds like you . . .

;)

Jana Nielson said...

It is REALLY me!
Hi Trisha! Good to see your smiling face!

I've missed all of my friends.

Shasta said...

Ooh...I cannot wait to talk ALL night when you're trying to sleep at market. You can't punch me on the neck! Or the pancreas and I think you threaghtened my kidney once. Bwahahaha...take THAT Lolaloo!

Melanie said...

Lent is not Jewish, it is what the Catholics do...kind of like what Mormons do the First Sunday of the month...give up food. I have two co-workers that are giving up Diet Coke for Lent...can you imagine?

Melanie said...

Lent is not Jewish, it is what the Catholics do...kind of like what Mormons do the First Sunday of the month...give up food. I have two co-workers that are giving up Diet Coke for Lent...can you imagine?

Jana Nielson said...

I know that lent is Catholic. The fact that my Jewish friend told me about it is part of what made it funny! Ha!

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds less than we do.

(By the way, it has absoloutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

CLICK on this link to see if this quick questionnaire can help you discover your real weight loss possibilities